Thursday, December 2

forgive, smile, dance

i've had a song stuck in my head for the past couple of weeks and no matter how many times i listen to it, i still completely love it. i know that this song has been played multiple times on the Eat, Pray, Love trailer, and that you may not particularly love it any more. but i think it's what the song symbolizes for me. i'm chasing my dreams and i've had some rough and difficult times, but 'the dog days are over, the dog days are gone'. i'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love and like so many others, i have been captivated by the story and Elizabeth Gilbert's way with words. i'm also a fan of the movie, but i don't try to compare them, they each have things that i love of them separately.


love is a strange thing. i don't try to define it or conceptualize it. i rather just accept it as wonderfully random part of my life, part of my heart. i have given up my heart to a few romantically and to many in friendship. it's sad to admit that people hurt other people. sometimes not intentionally, it's not planned or preconceived. unfortunately it does still happen. i've had heart ache this year, but i realized that i needed to forgive in order to move on. sometimes we think that if we simply take that person out of our life and ignore everything about them that we will be able to move on eventually. truly, the only way to be able to be at peace with yourself and move on is to forgive them. with the whole heart that you once gave them and might be shattered into many little pieces, is the heart that you need to forgive them with. it's easier said than done, but it's a step to being able to smile and having peace in your soul.

There's one thing I want to say, so I'll be brave
You were what I wanted
I gave what I gave
I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save

-Your Ex-Love is Dead by Stars

today i smile. today i blast this crazy wonderful song. today i dance around my room. today i let go. the end of the week is near. be back soon,

-Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment